- The iRacing.com simulator features several hot-keys that can be used to make some tasks while driving easier to manage while driving.
These hot-keys are setup by default the first time the sim is launched after install.
The hot-keys can be changed to each driver's preference in the options section of the sim.
- To view or change the hot-key assignments launch the sim then choose the <OPTIONS>tab at the top right of your screen.
Once in the options section, Click the <CONTROLS> tab at the bottom of the window to view the default hot-key assignments.
- Each user can customize the hot-keys. To change any assignment, place and click the mouse on the control you want to assign and place your mouse over the object you want to change and click
- You'll receive a dialog box noting "unassigned"
- Once the key is assigned the dialog will disappear, click <DONE>.
- Other Controls
- Text Chat: Used to initiate any text chat to all drivers or when whispering to a single driver while in the car.
- Text Chat Reply: Quick reply to the last person that sent you a whisper message.
- Text Chat Toggle: Use to enable or disable viewing of all chat from other drivers while driving.
- Increase Field of View: Adjust the view from the drivers cockpit.
- Decrease Field of View: Adjust the view from the drivers cockpit.
- Speed Gear/Pedals Display: Toggles this display which is at the bottom left of a drivers view when in car.
- FPS/Network Display: Frames Per Second and Network connectivity display shown at the top right of the screen when in car.
- Cycle Splits Delta Display: Toggles the split delta on and cycle through the various deltas.
Pit Stop Black boxes can have different adjustments available depending on the type of car being driven.