iRacing has a wide array of macros that can be typed into the chat window to help with session adminstration and race control. Session admin commands must be entered in the iRacing.com simulator text chat window while the sim is loaded. Admin commands can only be used if you created your own host session or were promoted to an admin by the current host.
- In order for any session administrator command to be executed, the command must be followed by pressing the enter key.
- Some commands can be used in short form or long. The bold letters indicate the short form of the command. For example, instead of typing !yellow in the session administrator can type !y <enter> and the command will be sent to the server and executed. Both the administrator and drivers will see the executed command in pink text.
- [<message>] indicates an optional message may be included that will be broadcast to all users in the session.
- For example, the command '!remove #32 Banning for reckless driving' would send out the notification: '#32 was removed from the system. Banning for reckless driving.' to all drivers.
- The <driver>field may be filled using any of the following formats:
- The last name is optional
- Name represents the beginning portion of a name so bob matches on bob or bobby
- You can string together multiple names using '.' to replace spaces so b.brown could match 'bob brown'
- Names must be specified sufficiently to give a unique result.
- If two names conflict but one is an exact match than that name is used. This is so bob.brown and bobby.brown can be differentiated
- #<car number>
- <car number>
The administration commands can be broken down into two categories, General and Race Control.
|Print list of commands available, or list additional information about individual commands|
|!admin <driver>[<message>]||Give other drivers admin privileges|
|!nadmin <driver>[<message>]||Remove admin privileges from driver|
|!advance [<message>]||Advance to next session (qualify to grid, etc)|
|!trackstate [<percent>]||With no <percent> specified:|
Show next session track state
With a <percent> from -1 to 100:
Set next session track state from 0 to 100%, or -1 to carry over from current session
|!gridset [minutes]||disable auto-race start when all cars grid, and set grid timer to N minutes or max of 10 minutes if no N|
|!gridstart||sets grid timer to a few seconds before initiating pace car or start lights sequence|
|!chat [<driver>]||- enable chat for all drivers|
- if driver is specified, re-enable chat for that driver.
|!nchat [<driver>]||- disable voice/text chat for all drivers except administrators|
- if driver is specified, disable chat for that specific driver only
|/all <message>||- send a text chat to all participants, even if text chat is disabled|
|/rc <message>||- send a text chat to all admins (race controllers)|
|!remove <driver>[<message>]||- Remove a driver from the race, permanently, can remove spectators as well.|
Race Control Commands
|!yellow [<message>]||- Throw a yellow if not already active|
|!waveby <driver>[<message>]||- Move car up to next lap and send to the end of the pace line|
|!black <driver> [<time>], [<L(laps)>], or [D]||- give a driver the black flag default is a stop and go, optionally specify time (in seconds) or laps to hold, or change the penalty to a drive through.|
- Disqualify a driver from the race, but do not remove them from the server. This cannot be cleared.
|!showdqs [<driver>]||- show current DQs for the field or a single car or driver|
|!eol <driver>[<message>]||- Move driver backwards to end of pace line|
|!clear <driver>[<message>]||- clear all pending or active black flags, slowdowns, DQ's or EOL's for a driver|
|!clearall||- clear all pending or active black flags, slowdowns, DQ's or EOL's for the entire field|
|!restart single||- changes the restart rules from double file restart to single file restart|
|!restart double||- changes the restart rules from single file restart to double file restart|
|!pacelaps <+n|-n|n>||- add +n laps to caution length, or remove -n laps from caution length, or set caution to n laps to green at next crossing.|
|!pitclose||- Manually closes pit entrances during Green Flag racing.|
|!pitopen||- Manually opens pit entrances during Green Flag racing.|