We'll have an easier way to use spotter packs in the future. For now, the process is a bit manual.
1) Download the new spotter files.
2) Open C:\Program Files (x86)\iRacing\Sound\SPCC
3) Create a new directory, named after the spotter pack you have downloaded. (Stick to letters and numbers; symbols may not work.)
4) Unpack the spotter files into the new directory. The directory should now contain several .wav files. If the .wav files are in a subdirectory, move them into the directory you just created.
5) Edit My DocumentsiRacing.comapp.ini and add a new line to the [SPCC] section, voicePack=dirname, where 'dirname' is the name of the directory you created. (For example, 'voicePack=Mr T', not 'voicePack=C:Program FilesiRacing.ComsoundspccMr T')
If the downloaded spotter sounds do not play, check the following:
Does the directory name in app.ini match the directory name on disk? Spaces matter.
Are the spotter's .wav files in spccdirname, or are they in a subdirectory? .Waves must be in the spccdirname directory.
You can have multiple spotter packs saved on disk, but only one active at a time. If you want to mix-and-match, copy the .wav files from each spotter
To make your own spotter pack:
See our forum thread: